The 8 Commandments to Bloggin!!! Thanks Joel!!!
The First Page Challenge!
I have seen many people on ActiveRain get a bit clueless when it comes to writing their content. People wonder why their blogs on AR aren't showing up on the top of google results. Well there are several reasons, the first would be they aren't a Rainmaker. But for all of you Rainmakers out there, if your content isn't giving you the results you want, try some of these guidelines with your next blog to give it some extra Google juice!
Everyone wants to be on the first page of google. The last handful of people that I trained followed these guidelines to the tee and had their blog content show up on the first page the same day or within 24 hours. If you are a Rainmaker, then these Tips are a MUST!
1. Make sure your blog is between 300-500 words in length. (too short, not enough content, too long, Google and people lose interest.)
2. REPEAT YOUR KEYWORDS! Keyword density is a major player in your content's SEO. 1-4% of your content should be your keyword or key phrase.
3. Have 2 pictures in your blog content. Click on the insert/edit image button on the toolbar to upload images. People like having visual stimulation! We are like 3rd graders with ADD when we are surfing the web, if we don't see pictures, we usually back out and go on to the next website. Your potential audience will too! Make your Blog stand out!
4. Have at least 2 links to your website. Doing this will naturally raise your websites ranking, as well as your blog.
5. Bold and Underline your Keywords or Key phrases. This will help with your ranking.
6. Make sure your Title is Geographically Specific (if possible), Short, Concise, and State your Keywords.
7. Make sure your Title and Content compliment each other. (i.e. Your keywords in your title are maplewood condos, repeat and re-enforce maplewood condos throughout your blog. Stay on topic, and keep it local.)
8. Write Hyper-Local Content! Not your city, your neighborhoods and communities! A good example would be instead of Seattle, write about Ballard. Google Ballard, you will see it's a neighborhood area in the greater Seattle area. Read this recent blog Bob wrote to get a better idea of Hyper-local content.
Following these guidelines will give your blog content the boost it needs to shoot to the top!
If you have a success story of having your Blog on Page one after following these tips, I want to see a comment with the search term! We love hearing about your Success!
Until Next Time,